The Kohl’s Credit Card is a retail store credit card. This card can only be honoured in-store at any Kohl’s location or for online purchases on the Kohl’s website or mobile app. The Kohl’s card does not work at any other brand’s store as it doesn’t even offer a co-branded store card.
Though it’s easy to have a Kohl’s credit card, they are very particular about a few things, as the credit score requirement for acquiring the card is 640 or higher. That means people with good credit scores can have a chance of getting approved for the Kohl’s credit card.
It is quite easy to register You can register yourself for Kohl’s credit card online through Kohl’s registration page. For that, follow the simple steps:
- Go to Kohl’s’ registration page and enter your 12-digit credit card number. Then, click “Continue.”
- Create your username and password.
- Choose the security question you prefer and provide your personal answer. You will need it in case you forget your username or password.
- Click “Submit.”
- Open your email to verify the registration and click on the given link.
Now that you’re registered with Kohl’s Credit Card for online access, you can view your statements, pay your bills, and manage your account anytime, from anywhere.
To use the card, you will need to activate your Kohl’s Credit Card. To do that, call the number on the activation sticker that’s attached to the card or go to the Capital One activation website.
Once it is activated,your new Kohl’s credit card will be ready to make purchases in just a few minutes no matter which method you use to activate it.
Let us help you out with the procedure of activating the card using either of the methods:
- By phone: Call the phone number on the back of your card or the number on the sticker attached to the front of the card. Verify your personal information to activate your Kohl’s Credit Card.
- On the website: Log in to your Capital One account and find the activation page. Enter any required security information, including your Kohl’s credit card number. Activate your Kohl’s credit card as instructed.
Your new Kohl’s credit card will be available for purchases immediately after activation. If you are facing any problems activating your card, then talk to the Capital One customer service. They are always there to help people out.
There could be a possibility that you have applied for a Kohl’s credit card but did not receive instant approval. In that case, Kohl’s will send you a response by mail within 7-10 days. If you are approved, then your card will be sent to you in up to 10 business days. The starting credit limit for the Kohl’s credit card is $300. So everyone who gets the card approved has a spending power of $300+.
But the credit limit can be increased as your credit limit will be determined by your credit score, income, and overall creditworthiness. If you’re not satisfied with your credit limit, you could request an increase online or by calling 1-800-955-7070 once your account has been open for at least 3 to 6 months. Your best chances of getting an increase are if you’ve been paying your bills on time and in full and if your credit score and income have increased since you applied.
You can request a Kohl’s credit card credit limit increase online, or by calling customer service at the number on the back of your card. To increase your chances of being approved for a higher credit limit, pay your bill on time for at least six straight months, reduce your outstanding debt, and update the income Capital One has on file. Capital One will be more likely to increase your credit limit if the revised income clearly shows that you can afford a higher limit.
Follow the following steps to increase the credit limit online.
- Sign in to your online account.
- Choose the Kohl’s Credit Card from the list of account options.
- Click “Account Summary,” and then “Request Credit Line Increase.”
- Enter the required information.
- Confirm the information entered and click “Submit” to complete the request.
You should receive a decision in just a few seconds. If everything goes well, your credit limit will be increased immediately.
The point to be noted is that it is not that easy to get your credit limit increased as Capital One will conduct a deep check of your credit report, and that deep check will not be done without your permission, for sure.
Sometimes the Kohl’s credit card may offer an automatic credit limit increase if Capital One’s regular review of your account shows a history of on-time payments and low debt. An automatic credit limit increase involves a “soft pull,” which does not affect your credit score.
Let’s talk about the advantages.
- This is the initial discount that’s available to new members who are making their first purchase. If you plan to purchase a pricier item from Kohl’s, the discount could add up to some substantial savings.
- After that, there is no real benefit to having a Kohl’s card other than its special discount offers throughout the year.
Let’s turn towards the disadvantages.
- The only thing to worry about is that the Kohl’s charge card is a retail store card. Retail store cards have several drawbacks, including the fact that they are generally issued as subprime credit, meaning that you pay a high APR if you carry a balance.
- Retail store cards are often issued with low credit limits.
- Because it doesn’t offer a rewards programme outside of the one available to all shoppers, the Kohl’s Card may not be of much benefit to you if you don’t shop there often. You might consider using a rewards card that allows you to earn cash back on all your department store purchases instead.