Imagine a future when you can place an order for your meal online, and while waiting for it, you can have a conversation with your loved ones and friends about what you will have. Applebee’s ipllc has incorporated social media into its restaurant operations, enabling customers to digitally place orders for takeout or delivery and pay for their meals using Apple Pay. In addition, the company has recently released a smartphone app that allows customers to check the status of their reward accounts and view updated menus while on the road.
About Applebee’s ipllc
Applebee’s is a restaurant business that just recently began using social media in its restaurant operations to improve both the quality of the service they provide to customers and its ability to communicate with them. The business maintains that using social media may facilitate the shortening of wait times, the administration of Wait Times Alerts, and the maintenance of customers’ awareness of the most recent news and sales.
In addition, Applebee’s has introduced a new feature called “My Applebee’s” that gives consumers access to their personal account information, order history, and other relevant data. The incorporation of social media into the business operations of restaurants is successful for the company as a whole.
1980–2006: Years of establishment and initial public offering:
• In 1980, Bill and T. J. Palmer laid the groundwork for Applebee’s restaurant business. Their goal was to open a restaurant that had the atmosphere of a local pub, provided warm and welcoming service, and served high-quality food at prices significantly lower prices than most of their rivals. Their first pick for this idea was “Appleby,” but they discovered it was already taken when they tried registering it.
• Before deciding on Applebee’s, they also thought about going to “Cinnamon’s” and “Pepper’s,” among other restaurants. They opened their first store, which was at the time known as T.J. They expanded to a second location outside of Atlanta, Georgia, a few years later, and subsequently sold the company to W. R. Grace & Company in 1983.
• As a result of the business deal, W. R. Grace and Company appointed Bill Palmer president of their indirect subsidiary Applebee’s Division. In this role, Palmer was responsible for guiding the business from its early days as an entrepreneurial venture to its current status as an established franchise system. In 1985, he purchased an Applebee restaurant franchise. Bill Palmer died in 2020.
• The concept was rebranded as Applebee’s Neighborhood Grill & Bar in 1986 when its name was altered. After Kansas City franchisees Abe Gustin and John Hamra obtained the rights to Applebee’s idea from W. R. Grace in 1988, Applebee’s International, Inc. became the franchiser for the restaurant chain. Applebee’s International, Inc. is now known as Applebee’s International. Applebee’s celebrated the opening of their 100th location in 1989 in Nashville, Tennessee. Applebee’s emerged as one of the most successful chains of restaurants offering table service in the United States during the 1990s. Applebee’s celebrated the opening of their 1000th restaurant in the year 1998.
Compensatory labor on the side:
Applebee and its servers have been involved in a legal battle over the hourly pay they receive since 2006. The servers claim that the corporation has them work 20% of the time on tasks other than serving, for which they should be paid the federal minimum wage of $7.25 per hour rather than the tipped minimum wage of $2.13.This allegation is based on the fact that the servers were paid a national minimum wage of $2.13 per hour as tipped employees. The legal proceeding has already been through various phases, including a session of legally binding arbitration ordered by the court. A judge in Illinois issued a ruling in favor of Applebee’s employees in September 2012, and they will determine the number of damages later.
Applebee’s ipllcsocial media profile:
Applebee’s is a well-known restaurant franchise in the United States, and it currently has more than 2,000 locations. The organization recognizes the importance of maintaining strong connections with its clientele and has made significant investments in social media. In addition to raising consumers’ knowledge of the brand, the activities conducted via social media are intended to satisfy the customers’ needs for both service and information.
The organization uses several platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. Additionally, it features an official blog that keeps readers updated on the organization’s most recent activities and announcements. Applebee uses several social media platforms to foster community among its patrons.
The company’s frequent blog presence on Facebook discusses various issues, such as eating advice and restaurant reviews. The purpose of these blogs is to disseminate information that will assist readers in making more informed decisions regarding dining options. In general, Applebee’s social media strategy aims to link the company with its consumers and give those customers the information they require to enjoy a positive eating experience at one of its restaurants.
The following are some of the benefits and drawbacks of using social media in restaurants:
Applebee has incorporated social media into their restaurant operations. While there are several benefits associated with using social media in a setting such as a restaurant, there are also several drawbacks. The ability of social media to facilitate the development of relationships with clients is one of the medium’s many advantages.
This can be useful since it has the potential to generate return customers. Additionally, it has the potential to generate word-of-mouth promotion, which is particularly crucial for smaller firms. Additionally, restaurants can keep up with developments in the market and remain current with trends thanks to the availability of social media.
Tips for Successfully Utilizing social media in the Hospitality Industry:
There is no universal truth about how restaurants use social media, as this varies widely depending on the type of restaurant and the demographics of its clientele. Nevertheless, some broad pointers might be helpful.
- Interact with customers and establish relationships using social media to share content. Restaurants have a wonderful opportunity to communicate with their consumers on a more personal level and develop relationships via social media. This can be accomplished by giving feedback surveys, reacting to reviews and comments left by customers, sharing images of major events or menu items, and responding to customer reviews and comments. It is essential to remember that social media is not only a channel through which the restaurant may market itself; it is also a channel through which consumers can communicate with one another and exchange information regarding their experiences at the restaurant.
- Make sure the material is relevant to the people reading it. This indicates that you should put most of your attention towards publishing pictures, videos, and blog entries on your website that are engaging and informative for the people who follow you. In addition, you need to ensure that the language you use is appropriate for the people reading it (for instance, you shouldn’t publish anything that could be considered derogatory or vulgar).
- Employ an analytical approach when using various social media networks.
Conclusion of Applebee’s ipllc
Applebee has incorporated social media into the restaurant’s operations to improve their engagement with their patrons. Applebee can deliver timely updates regarding menu changes, special discounts, and other crucial information since the restaurant uses platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Because of this integration, Applebee has been able to develop a more personal relationship with their customers, which has increased the amount of customer loyalty.