According to La Liga, Barcelona do not meet the financial requirements to register Dani Olmo and Pau Victor.
Both players joined Barcelona last summer. Back then too, Barca did find it hard to register players. But they were given a cooling-off period to find a way to make them register.
However, in Jan 2025, La Liga revoked their temporary licenses. The governing body then claimed that FCB failed to match the financial requirements.
Spain’s sports council (CSD) then did extend the timeframe for Barca to extend Olmo and Victor’s licenses.
Barcelona, in Jan 2025, did bring VIP boxes to Nou Camp to gain 100m euros (£83m).
“No amount from the [VIP box deal] is ultimately recorded in the profit and loss accounts, contrary to what had been certified by the club and the auditor at the time of said transaction,” said La Liga in a statement.
Barca paid £52m for signing Olmo from RB Leipzig in the 2024 summer. Victor, who came club’s youth academy, has made 22 appearances for his beloved side.
“Barcelona did not have on December 31, 2024, or on January 3, 2025, nor has it had since that date, nor does it currently have, [the financial fair play capacity] for the registration of the players Dani Olmo and Pau Victor,” La Liga said.
Also Read About –