Newcastle United are preparing to offer a new deal to Alexander Isak; who is a target of Liverpool.
Earlier this week, famous football journalist Fabrizio Romano said that the Reds are talking to near and dears of Isak.
However, a report from GiveMeSport says that the Magpies do not wish to sell him and are ready to offer a new deal which will double his wages.
The Swedish striker’s goal in the second half helped Newcastle win the 2024-25 EFL Cup on Sunday, where they beat Liverpool 2-1.
Isak has already a deal in place with Eddie Howe’s side which will keep him at the club until 2028. He did sign this back in 2022.
However looking at the interests of different sides in Europe, Newcastle want to make a fresh deal with Isak to make him stay at the club for seasons to come.
Since joining the English club in the 2022-23 season, Isak has scored 50 goals and provided eight assists in 77 English Premier League appearances.
Also Read About –